The online gambling sector is one of the most competitive in the world right now, and that is solid news for players, because it means operators are having to work harder to attract new customers.
One of the main ways that they try to do this is through offering promotions and bonuses, and one of the most popular forms of these bonuses is the no deposit offer. While this is not the most common promotion in the modern industry, it is worth looking out for. To help you, we’ve put together this handy guide on how to find the best free bets no deposit offers this winter.
What is a free bet no deposit offer?
As you can probably guess from the name, the free bet no deposit deal has two parts. The free bet is the most common form of betting bonus. It allows players to play casino games using bonus funds, rather than real money, though there are terms and conditions attached. The interesting feature about this form of free bet bonus is that you don’t have to make a deposit first.
With standard free bet deposit bonuses, you need to sign up to a new site and make your first deposit of a sufficient amount to qualify before you can claim your free bets. The beauty of the free bet no deposit deal is that you access it simply by signing up to a new site, and without handing over any of your money or payment details to the casino.
Check the terms and conditions
As mentioned above, all bonuses and promotions have terms and conditions attached and in the case of the free bet no deposit offer, these conditions are often extensive. Here are the most common rules that you can expect to find when you claim a free bet no deposit offer:
Without doubt, wagering requirements are the least popular of the common bonus promotion terms and conditions. You will find wagering requirements applied to all casino bonuses.
The wagering requirement is a rule that says you must wager the full amount of the casino bonus a certain number of times before you can withdraw it as cash. This can range from x10 up to x40 or higher and is designed to prevent customers from signing up to a site, claiming the bonus and then taking the money. This rule can effectively cancel out the bonus you are claiming, so you need to be aware of it.
Time limits are commonly applied to casino bonuses, and each promotion can have multiple time limits. For example, there could be a time limit on claiming the bonus after you sign up, a limit on how long the bonus is available and rules about how quickly you need to satisfy the wagering requirements. Failure to stick to the time limits could result in your bonus becoming void.
Another rule that casinos apply to their bonuses is a cap on the amount of money that you can win using the bonus funds. This varies widely, but it is rare for there to be no limit. While it is unlikely to impact your casino play, it can be a significant source of frustration if you happen to hit a big prize while you are playing casino games using your bonus funds.
Other eligibility conditions
There’s no limit to the range of terms and conditions that a casino can apply to its bonuses. Some of the most common conditions we’ve seen include:
- Geographical restrictions
- Illegibility if you have multiple accounts
- Payment method restrictions
- Restrictions on how many of this form of offer you are allowed to claim
A licensed online casino must provide these details for every promotion that they run, and failure to be aware of these rules could lead to disappointment. Make sure that you always check the full terms and conditions of any bonus offer before you sign up and claim it.
How to claim a free bet no deposit offer
Casinos vary in the methods that they use to enable people to claim these offers, but there are some common steps that you can expect to follow.
- Find a site with a suitable free bet no deposit offer
- Sign up by completing the online registration
- Choose your banking method
- Upload the necessary identity verification documents
- Claim your deposit (in some cases this will be automatically credited on registration)
- Play your preferred games using your free bet
Casino gambling can be addictive, so to ensure that you gamble safely and avoid falling into the trap of addiction and other gambling problems, always stick to these rules:
- Never gamble with essential money.
- Set strict limits to your casino gaming time.
- Never neglect work, family or friends to play at a casino.
- Always check the terms and conditions of any bonus you claim.
- Never play at a casino when drinking alcohol or otherwise impaired.
- Never regard casino gaming as a way to solve financial problems.
- If you have worries about your gambling, contact a gambling support organisation, such as GamCare or GambleAware and seek help and advice as soon as possible.